the uncomfortable silence
sometimes the silence God assumes makes my life absolutely miserable. there is nothing so terrible (in my opinion) as feeling disconnected from the Father. this time of silence often leaves me irritable, upset, lost, misguided, and altogether confused. and the most disturbing part is that it seems to be a weekly occurrence in my life. it happens almost every monday morning, leaks into tuesday, and by wednesday i'm so fed up with it, i barely have the energy to deal with a Bible study. but then, for whatever reason, about 10pm wednesday night, i begin to feel slightly refreshed, and by thursday morning i'm back to my normal (or maybe its my 'un-normal') self.
whatever the reason may be, i've no doubt that all Christians face this, and most probably don't even recognize it. that's a bit startling considering we are always supposed to be in commune with God.
the question is, is this absence of the Father just an emotional thing, or is there something deeper. i honestly feel like my salvation is nill during these moments. its terrible. its like winning the lottery, then they tell you it was a mistake; only, this isn't just some chunk of change, this is a lifetime spent, and an eternity that's being 'gambled' on.
i pray that the God of Mercy and Grace would shower us with a confidence and faith so bold and upright that even the crappiest of monday's could not blemish the perfection we have found in Christ.
later
ps. it just occurred to me that today is tuesday, not monday. oh man, this is gonna be a long week. (or a short one) i'm confused.


3 Comments:
I woke up this morning thinking it was monday too. Sometimes life becomes such a blur, and I never even realize I am out of commune with the Lord untill I fall down tired and exhausted from life. I usually tend to beat myself up about that, but all I can really do is take a moment and allow God to pick me up and dust me off. Falling down in a race is very discouraging and embarrassing, but if I go back to the starting line every time I fell...well that wouldn't make too much sense. I guess I need to learn that it is okay to fall because I have someone who is willing to hold out His hand and help me back on my feet and hand me a cold cup of gatorade(perferably the blue kind)
My imperfections seem too point out just how much I need Him
~Emily~
3:51 PM
You peaked my interest. Good sh$# man seriously. It's raw and real. The world needs more stuff like that. Unlike my attempt at swearing! Ha!
9:06 PM
funny you should mention that. I actually wondered if God was hearing my prayers recently. It sure didn't seem like he was responding. I thought about it for a while, and then wondered if it's cause I usually talk to God when I want stuff, or when I'm in a tight spot... I don't know.
maybe God's out for a stroll? maybe he's gone on a long journey, or is busy and can't answer?
now I'm just getting heretical. the last time somebody asked those questions, a prophet killed 500 priests of Baal.
I know what you mean about the weekend. crazy monday holidays mean problems for the biological clock.
peace, brock76
12:49 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home