Tuesday, May 03, 2005

can't think of a cool title

i apologize ahead of time, the next few paragraphs will have little if any depth of insight spiritually. they will not however lack emotion or urgency, becuause at the moment, life seems like a mud puddle, and i just got splashed.

first things first, some days are just 'one of those days.' i'm pretty sure that this day was one of those, and for no reason in particular. in fact, if someone were to examine what happened to me today, they would inadvertently come to the conclusion that my life is actually going pretty well.

and truly it is. but that does not mean that all voids have been permanently filled.

i spoke with a friend this evening who told me 'what was really up' in her life, and she too was experiencing what seemed like a big upset over nothing in particular, a heartache, with no cause.

and i wonder, is this God speaking to us? is this His way of saying, 'you have much, yet you do not have enough, trust me.' could this feeling of utter emptiness be stemmed from a world that fails to acknowledge its Creator?

i heard a quote recently that made me laugh; its an older one i know, but it was still funny.
'you can wake up and say "good morning God! or you could roll out of bed and moan "good god, morning."'

ha

option 'b' seems to be the story of my life (for today anyway.)

a paradigm shift i had not too long ago that dealt with joy and misery has kept me thinking the past couple days: in order to see and experience that God is good, will we not have to see and experience what God is not, in order to appreciate His benevolence? if you care, leave me some feedback, i'd be curious to know what you all think.

enjoy God.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you Josh, It seems that I only learn who God is by figuring out what He isn't. And figuring out what He isn't,well, it usually hurts real bad. I don't think we could really understand even a little of God's nature without dealing with what He isn't.

Nothing would be sweet if there wasn't something sour to compare it too. One time I was dared to take a big gulp of some really spicey Hot sauce. A soon as I put the rather large amount into my mouth, I realized how stupid I was. I quicky grabbed a glass of water. You see, I normaly don't get overly excited about water, but after my stupidity and hot sauce, there was nothing in the world I wanted more than that cup of water.

maybe without evil, "Good" would cease to be "good"...it would become normal.

Summer is coming soon, and hopefully all your mudd puddles will dry up;)

~Ema~

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home