Wednesday, July 25, 2007

DO NOW

I was flipping going through some school supplies that my sister used last year for school trying to find a binder and some of those pages with the colorful tabs you can label and categorize your homework from your tests and rubric.
My budget is tight (and I'm a cheap bastard) so I was taking out the tabs she had so neatly labeled, flipping them inside out, and relabeling them, giving them a second shot as it were.
My rhythm was up and I was getting the hang of sticking my fingernail into that sharp little plastic slot and giving the small piece of paper inside a helpful nudge, when I noticed something odd about how my sister had labeled the tabs the year before. HOMEWORK, NOTES, MISCELLANEOUS, TESTS, and DO NOW. Do now? That sounds familiar. I realized that my little sister and I were not that different.

This label was not too different or out of place, it simply telling her that whatever was inside that slot in her binder was priority. I am almost sure I had a similar spot in my binders in high school. Separating the mandatory from the rest of the herd.
DO IT NOW isn't all that new a concept. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I've been told so many times and seen and read so many ads telling me to do it now that I just don't give a crap any more. Now I'm a pickin' procrastinator with an attitude in hypocrasy. stupid do it now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...I must have been too layed back while in school. I don't ever remember having a DO IT NOW tab, or even a homework tab...

But as always, I enjoyed your thoughts and I think your absolutly wonderful!
-
and how cheap can you really be when you let your girlfriend lose your bait and hook on her fisrt cast of the day?... that sounds generous to me!
-Em-

9:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home